A quote to save lives.

• November 21, 2016 at 10:24 AM #13015
    Jennifer Mendez
    Participant

I recently saw a quote on Instagram that was just perfect: a writer should either write about something worth writing about, or live a life worth writing about. That kind of slapped me awake a little, because lately I’ve been a little busy bee just shopping for Christmas, and planning, and wrapping and all. Also making sure I have stuff to take over to mom’s for Thanksgiving. And I feel so far behind on my book, that I feel just…guilty when I think about it. I don’t feel like I’m writing enough for it, and I don’t think I’m leading a life worth writing at the moment. I’m just busy adulting and getting things done….Oops.

• November 25, 2016 at 6:07 AM #13062
    Sarah Audal

I think that is a nice quote, but I also believe that you deserve to get some slack sometimes. I mean, it is good to have these sources of inspiration to tap us on our shoulders to “pull us back” when we forget what our ultimate goal is. But I think celebrating these festivities (or to get busy with it) is not too bad either. 🙂

• November 30, 2016 at 9:34 PM #13107
    Jennifer Mendez
    Participant

I also believe in slack. I like slack. It’s much needed, to recharge the batteries! It’s just tough when you feel like you’re pulled away a little TOO much. Lately, between the cold and the Christmas prep, work has been a little more spread out than I’d like 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.